Marwan S. Zubi
Marwan Zubi is an experience practitioner in a variety of areas including civil litigation, construction law, business law, employment law and several others. He holds a J.D. from Western New England College School of Law and a Bachelors Degree in Political Science from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Attorney Zubi's first professional role was as a private investigator for The Poma Wheeler Agency where he served as a senior undercover investigator. During law school he worked for the US Department of Justice as a law clerk in the United States Attorney's office. Attorney Zubi has been with the Nicolai Law Group since 1994. He currently serves as a Senior Attorney. He has had successful jury and bench trials in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Superior and District Courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and Connecticut Superior Court. He has also had successful appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, Massachusetts Appeals Court and Massachusetts Appellate Division. Attorney Zubi maintains a diverse client portfolio across multiple industries.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Construction Law
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Massachusetts, 1994
- Connecticut, 2007
- New York, 2009
- New Hampshire, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2002
- Western New England College School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- J.D. (Cum Laude) - 1994
- Honors: With Honors
- Law Review: Western New England Law Review, Staff Member, 1992 - 1993
- University of Massachusetts of Amherst, Amherst, MA
- B.A. - 1988
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: History
- Blockel v. JC Penney Co., Inc., 337 F.3d 17 (US Court of Appeal, 1st Cir. 2003)
- Zeigler v. Zeigler, 68 Mass. App. Ct. 1105, 860 N.E.2d 978 (Ma. Ct of Appeals 2007)
- Cook v. Patient EDU, 2011 WL 3276679 (Ma. Superior Ct. 2011)
- Anderson v. Astro Plating Works, 1991 Mass. App. Div. 119 (Mass. App. Div.)
- David B. Miller v. Labor Relations Commission, 33 Mass App Ct 404 (Mass. App. Ct. 1992)
- Opinion of the Justices, 422 Mass 1212 (D. Mass. 1996)
- Loraine Humpel v. Abdow Corporation, 18 MDLR 240 (D. Mass. 1996)
- Susan King v. Abdow Corporation, 18 MDLR 244 (Mass. App. Ct. 1996)
- Applied Proactive Technologies, Inc.
- Baltazar Contractors, Inc.
- Bast Hatfield, Inc.
- Joining Technologies, Inc.
- Friendly Ice Cream Corporation
- Thomcast Communications, Inc. - Comark Division
- Video Communications, Inc.
- The Info Center, Inc.
- Energy Beam Sciences, Inc.
- Techistry, Inc.
- Software & More (Samnet)
- Corporation for Public Technology
- Hampden Savings Bank
- Imetrix, Inc.
- Package Machinery Co., Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Named to "Best Lawyers in America", 2013
- Named "Super Lawyer Rising Star", 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Hampden County Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Western Massachusetts Technology Business Council, Member
- Western Massachusetts Venture Forum, Participant
- Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce, Participant
Past Employment Positions
- United States Attorney Office, Department of Justice, District of Massachusetts, Law Clerk, 1993
- The Poma-Wheeler Agency, Private Investigator, 1988 - 1992